Older Frequently Asked Questions for international help
These are older Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for users of current Audacity in languages where the current FAQ has no translation yet. These questions remain largely valid for Audacity 2.0.x, but please use the current FAQ if you can do so.
- Is Audacity really free? Why?
- Does Audacity contain any viruses, spyware or adware?
- May I distribute copies of Audacity?
- Someone is selling Audacity on eBay. Is this legal?
- How can I change the language displayed in Audacity?
- Does Audacity run on 64-bit systems?
Installation and Plug-Ins
- How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?
- What should I do if I have problems downloading or installing Audacity?
- Hogyan készíthetek sztereó felvételt?
- How do I record from vinyl records, cassette tapes, or minidiscs?
- Miért nem tudok hangot rögzíteni Windows Vista vagy 7 alatt?
- Can I play a track while recording a new one on top of it?
- Why isn’t my new track in sync with the previous ones?
- Can Audacity record RealAudio or other streaming audio?
- Can I set Audacity to record at a certain time?
Opening and Saving Files
- How do I open an Audacity project (AUP file) in another program?
- Why does Audacity create a folder full of .au files when I save a project?
- Audacity crashed! Can I recover any unsaved data?
- Can Audacity import additional formats like M4A, WMA or FLAC?
- How do I import a track from an audio CD?
- How do I save my recording on an audio CD?
- How can I split a long recording into multiple files or CD tracks?