Mac OS X
Audacity 1.3 has become the 2.0 version. Please check its System Requirements.
- Contains dozens of new, exciting features. Very occasionally, these might need final polishing or not be retained in later versions.
- Occasionally, a feature might not work as it did before, or might be temporarily disabled.
- Some parts of the program are not yet documented or translated into different languages.
Please help our development effort by trying the Beta and send us your comments. Please mention your operating system, full details of any problems, and any features that need improvement or no longer work properly. You can install 1.3 and 1.2 on the same machine by installing them to different directories.
OS X 10.4 or later (Universal Binary): Audacity 1.3.14 (.dmg file, 26.0 MB, including help files)
Installation instructions (.dmg files):
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg to mount it
- Then to install Audacity, copy the "Audacity" folder from the newly mounted .dmg to /Applications or any other location of your choosing.
Opsionele lêers vir aflaai
Plug-ins and Libraries
LADSPA plug-ins installer - over 90 plug-ins.
Inproppe - Laai addisionele effekte en filters af.
LAME-MP3-enkodeerder - Laat Audacity toe om MP3-lêers uit te voer.
FFmpeg import/export library - Allows Audacity to import and export many additional audio formats such as AC3, AMR(NB), M4A and WMA, and to import audio from video files.
Alternative Download Links
If you have trouble with your download, or need an older version of Audacity, try our alternative download links:
Audacity Zip files and Nightly Builds
OS X 10.4 or later (Universal Binary): Audacity 1.3.14 zip file (12.0 MB) - If you want a download without help files, or prefer not to use .dmg files, download and unzip this file instead.
OS X 10.4 or later (Universal Binary): For advanced users, Nightly Builds are available for testing purposes.Nightly builds are alpha builds from latest development code. Your help in testing and reporting bugs in these builds is invaluable. Note: These builds will definitely be less reliable than official releases. They should not be used as your production version of Audacity.
Where Audacity is to be used for lengthy multi-track projects, we recommend a minimum of 2 GB RAM and 2 GHz processor (4 GB RAM on OS X 10.7 or later).