Audacity Forum for Questions or Problems
There is no technical support by e-mail or telephone. Most questions are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), documentation, and the additional Tutorials and Tips on the Audacity Wiki. All these resources are searchable using the search box top right of this page.
To post a question on the Forum, register, confirm your registration then log in. Choose the correct subforum (for example, "Windows" in the Audacity 2.X Forum), click "New Topic" top left, then submit your message. Foreign language subforums are available for French, German, Russian and Spanish.
Always give plenty of information when asking questions on the Audacity Forum. You can find more help with joining and using the Audacity Forum here.
Suggestions, Bug Reports, Feature Requests and Patches
You can e-mail us about any Audacity matter, but not for technical support - this is provided on the Audacity Forum. Please write in English language only. Please tell us your experiences of the Audacity program, documentation or web site. We particularly welcome the following:
- Reports of possible program bugs
- Requests for new or enhanced features
- Offers to contribute to the Audacity project.
Bug reports: Please check both the Release Notes for your specific version of Audacity 2.0 and Reporting Bugs before making a report. We are not fixing bugs in the legacy 1.2 or 1.3 series - please upgrade to the latest 2.0 version of Audacity instead.
Please include the following information. This is important.
- The exact three-section version number of Audacity (for example, 2.0.0) - you can check this at Help > About Audacity, or Audacity > About Audacity on Mac
- Your operating system (for example, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Intel Mac OS X 10.4)
- Details of what you were trying to do, including what steps led to the problem occurring, and the text of any error messages.