11 decembrie, 2011: Audacity 1.2.3 a fost lansat
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.14 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. 1.3.14 contains important fixes for data loss problems when reopening saved projects.
1.3.14 is now the only version that supports Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7. Please upgrade to 1.3.14 if you are using Audacity 1.2 on those systems.
Please help us progress to a new Audacity 2.0 by reporting any problems you find in 1.3.14, especially with project stability. Advanced users are encouraged to test our subsequent changes as we make them by downloading our Nightly Builds. Please subscribe to receive news of future releases.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixes for data loss when encountering corrupted project files. Steps taken to prevent writing of overlong audio data block files.
- Excessive delay occurred when typing into labels in long projects.
- MP2 files could not be imported natively. File types requiring FFmpeg library imported as noise if FFmpeg was unavailable.
- Crashes fixed when dragging tracks. Crash fixed when resetting Toolbars when an audio stream was present.
- Plot Spectrum didn't preserve signal level if multiple tracks were analyzed.
- Changes and Improvements:
- Normalize now preserves left-right balance in stereo tracks by default with an option to normalize stereo channels independently.
- Spectrograms now allow window sizes up to 32768 and frequencies up to half the sample rate (the maximum possible).
- Mix and Render now preserves clip length by not rendering white space before the start of audio, and preserves audio before time zero.
- CleanSpeech Mode has been removed from Preferences but can be run or disabled in 1.3.14 by changing Preferences in a previous Audacity version.
- (OS X) Added support for AudioUnit MusicEffects (but no MIDI support).
Please see Changes in Audacity 1.3.14 for more on 1.3.14 and the Beta series.