kwiecień 01, 2010: Audacity 1.3.12 released, and Audacity book release from PACKT Publishing
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.12 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. There are some important bug fixes and improvements, especially for dragging and synchronization of labels.
We continue to recommend the ongoing Beta series for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.6, rather than 1.2. Please help us test 1.3.12 and let us know of any problems you find. Advanced users are encouraged to test our subsequent changes as we make them by downloading our Nightly Builds. Please subscribe to receive news of all our future releases.
- Bug fixes for:
- Cutting or deleting a region in the waveform and label track did not move the labels in advance of the cut
- Incorrect behavior snapping to labels and boundaries with Snap To enabled
- Projects froze if files imported via On-Demand were no longer available
- (Windows 7) Clicking in a file open or save dialog caused files or folders to disappear from the list, and file filtering was broken
- Other import/export, effects and crash fixes
- Changes and Improvements:
- A hover tooltip is now provided if the Mixer Toolbar input selector cannot control the system slider for the selected input
- More intuitive behavior when moving and resizing labels by dragging
- Export Multiple: new option to use a numerical prefix before existing label or track names
- New Equalization preset "Inverse RIAA", with new button to invert other curves
- New Preferences choice for "System" language which is used on first run instead of asking user to choose language
Please see Changes in Audacity 1.3.12 for more on 1.3.12 and the Beta series. Note: This release supports Windows 98/ME, and we recommend users on those systems to upgrade from the previous 1.3.7 release.
Also this month: PACKT Publishing release a new book about Audacity "Getting started with Audacity 1.3" by Bethany Hiitola. PACKT operate an Open Source Royalty Scheme, and every sale of the new Audacity book will directly benefit our project. You can find the new book and others on our Books about Audacity page.