January 18, 2010: Audacity 1.3.11 released
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.11 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. This release fixes a number of bugs reported to us in 1.3.10. Thank you to everyone who sent us feedback.
We dedicate this release to David R.Sky who passed away in October 2009. David did some great work on Audacity plug-ins and his work lives on today in our program. He provided assistance to all who needed help. We shall miss him.
1.3.11 has provisional support for Windows 7 and is also strongly recommended for Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.6, rather than 1.2 Stable. We ask everyone to help us test 1.3.11 and let us know of any problems you find. Advanced users are encouraged to test our subsequent fixes as we make them by downloading our Nightly Builds. Beta releases are still ongoing at present. Please subscribe to receive news of all our future releases.
- Bug fixes for:
- Too much audio exported when exporting partial selections
- Exports via FFmpeg corrupted if included metadata; M4A now supports metadata export
- Nyquist plug-ins did not add labels to an existing label track
- Crash opening Preferences when no audio devices available
- Timer Record and Sound Activated Recording bugs
- (Windows) Installer now installs correctly over previous Audacity versions
- Miscellaneous crashes and interface issues
- (Windows) Higher resolution icon file
- New Sound Finder plug-in for labelling regions of audio