जनवरी 28, 2009: ऑडेसिटी 1.3.7 प्रकाशित
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.7 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix.
This is primarily a bug-fix release. It significantly improves stability and usability, especially on Mac OS X, but incorporates some new features too.
Cross-Platform Bug Fixes include:
- Muting/soloing caused incorrect channel results in exported stereo files
- Effects: Noise Removal added unwanted paste and filtering tail; Nyquist effects added unwanted paste, had no progress bar, and truncated audio if canceled
- Export as WAV could be corrupted if overwriting to same file, uncompressed Export Multiple only produced 16-bit WAV
- MP3 and WMA now export correctly with all supported metadata
- Restored support for multi-channel recording devices that can record more than two channels using Audacity
Platform-specific Bug Fixes:
- Windows Vista: fixed crash opening Preferences
- Mac OS X and Linux: fixes for spurious clipping, label typing, no shortcuts after running effects, project rate when importing files
- Mac OS X only: fixes for inactive or corrupted menus and hidden dialogues, portable settings not detected, inability to set independent Command and Control shortcuts; FFmpeg installer now available
New Features and other changes:
- F11 Full Screen mode, high-quality "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift" effect, Audio Contrast Analyzer
- Windows: sound devices can now be opened using the more efficient DirectSound API
- As a first step towards improving latency correction, a fixed rather than variable correction is now applied
Because it is a work in progress and does not yet come with complete documentation or translations into foreign languages, it is recommended for more advanced users. For all users, Audacity 1.2.6 is a stable release, complete and fully documented. You can have Audacity 1.2.6 and 1.3.7 installed on the same machine.