12. září 2008: Audacity shines in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2008
Four students participating with Audacity in Google Summer of Code successfully completed their projects, and their code will be in future versions of Audacity.
The four projects were:
- FFmpeg support, to greatly increase the range of file formats that can be imported and exported
- new GUI classes for future use in displaying audio tracks
- on-demand/level-of-detail file loading, for near-instant loading and editing of uncompressed files
- sticky labels that stay with the audio through cut and paste
Congratulations and thanks to all our participating students for what they contributed to improve Audacity, and thanks to everyone who worked so hard on mentoring and administration. We wish all this year's students every success and hope they will continue their involvement with Audacity in future.
Chosen by InfoWorld Test Center editors, analysts and reviewers, the annual BOSSIE awards "celebrate the best products that open source has to offer".